Mikaela Edwards takes Gold at International Wella Trend Vision in Berlin!
Kylie Hayes from Moha Hairdressing Dunedin and Mikaela Edwards from Runway in Gore represented New Zealand at the International Trend Vision Awards held recently in Berlin. Sixty nine competitors, from 37 countries, competed for Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze medals in Wella’s 135th Trend Vision year. Daniella Barca and Chung-Yang Su of Rokk Ebony Salon represented Australia.
In the Young Talent Category entrants had to create their own editorial interpretation of 2015 Trend Vision trends, Uncharted Territories and Distilled. Congratulations to our own Mikaela Edwards who was the Gold winner in this category. MC for this spectacular event was once again NZ’s Patrick Cameron.
"This year has been brilliant and I’ve found it really hard judging – so many beautiful ideas that have been extremely well executed,” said legendary stylist Eugene Souleiman. "We were looking for something really strong that has done incredibly well and something that is beautiful as well.”
The Colour Vision category was based on both Wella’s 2015 trends judging by Wella Professionals Global Creative Director for Colour Josh Wood. Wella Professionals also honoured their extensive 135 year legacy by taking the opportunity to award a host of Life Achievement and Family Awards.
Next year’s ITVA will take place in Barcelona, in November!
International TrendVision Awards – Young Talent
• Young Talent PLATINUM: Anastasia Krupovich, Kirpimo Meistrai, Lithuania
• Young Talent GOLD: Mikaela Edwards, Runway, New Zealand
• Young Talent SILVER: Zoe Huang, Zoom Hairdressing, Taiwan
• Young Talent BRONZE: Sonya Rättö, Prof Tampere, Finland
• Young Talent PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Calogero Castellana, Mimì Hair Fashion, Italy
International TrendVision Awards – Colour Vision
• Colour Vision PLATINUM: Craig Clark, HOB Salons, United Kingdom
• Colour Vision GOLD: Patcharee Apirom, MOGA, Thailand
• Colour Vision SILVER: Guiping Zhang, Tiffany Salon, China
• Colour Vision BRONZE: James Fang, Headline, Taiwan
• Colour Vision PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Alina Iulia Calin, AYO Salon, Romania