2021 British Hairdresser of Year Nominees!: The nominees for Hairdressing Journal’s coveted British Hairdresser of the Year award have been announced – showcasing the wealth of talent and unshakeable passion within British hairdressing.
This year they are Adam Reed, Angelo Seminara, Cos Sakkas, Errol Douglas, Eugene Souleiman, Hooker & Young, Richard Ashforth, Robert Eaton, Sally Brooks and receiving her first nomination, Zoë Irwin.
Wowing the British hairdressing industry, resulted in their nomination for this most coveted title. This top ten received the closet votes ever recorded in the award’s history.
Nominated by top-tier hairdressers and UK and international press for their professional reputation, creative vision and their ability to act as an ambassador for British hairdressing, Executive Director of Hairdressers Journal International, Jayne Lewis Orr, said,
“British hairdressing has certainly faced its greatest ever challenge over the last year or so. It has been a testing time for us all, but I have been so impressed with, but not surprised by, the industry’s professionalism, resilience and creativity, ignited by this difficult time.”
“The British Hairdresser of the Year title has been the most sought-after in the industry for more than three decades. This year especially, it is recognition of the stylists at the forefront of this thriving, talented and professional community. The award not only cements the careers of exceptional hairdressers but consistently raises standards across our industry year-on-year.”
Since its inception, the title of HJ British Hairdresser of the Year has transformed exceptional stylists into either household names or meteoric hairdressing careers, previous winners include Trevor Sorbie, John Frieda, Umberto Giannini, Nicky Clarke, Charles Worthington, Antoinette Beenders, Beverley C and Sally Brooks to name a few.
Julian Crane, general manager of Henkel Beauty Care Professional UK and Ireland comments “Being the sole sponsor of HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards for the past 37 years, is a huge honour for Schwarzkopf Professional. Today, we reveal who is in this echelon of elite-level hairdressers in the UK, and it’s a day wecan again start to celebrate the best of British hairdressing. As an industry we have been hugely hit byCovid-19, but the resilience and the spirit of British hairdressing continues to be evident as we pull togethe and recognise that we are united as an industry. Today is another great reminder that we have so much amazing talent within our midst.”
The winner will be announced on Monday 29th November 2020 at JW Marriott Grosvenor House, Park Lane, alongside the winners in seven specialist categories and ten regional categories, on the biggest night in the hairdressing calendar.
2021 British Hairdresser of the Year nominees:
- Adam Reed, session stylist and salon owner, a colourful, skilful character bridging consumer and hairdressing worlds.
- Angelo Seminara, four times winner and one of the most captivating and original hair stylists of our time.
- Cos Sakkas, third time nominee, an artistic talent and a legend within Toni & Guy.
- Errol Douglas, honoured by Her Majesty the Queen for services to hairdressing, multiple award winner and hairdressing superstar.
- Eugene Souleiman, no words other than Eugene is a session stylist extraordinaire.
- Hooker and Young, 13th consecutive nomination for the title of British Hairdressers of the Year and hairdressing’s most famous duo, stage-stars, creative inspiration and talented educators.
- Richard Ashforth, well renowned in the hairdressing industry for his directional, forward thinking ideas, his belief in simplicity and commitment to beauty.
- Robert Eaton, one of the UK’s most current and renowned colourists of the moment.
- Sally Brooks, three times winner of British Hairdresser of the Year and current title holder, Sally is passionate about raising the profile of hairdressing across the globe.
- Zoe Irwin, first time nomination for the “Stella McCartney of hairdressing” Zoe is a colour and trends afficionado.
For further details on HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards visit: