KAO Salon industry recovery initiative: Kao Salon Division, home of Goldwell and KMS brands, has introduced the Kao Salon Industry Recovery Initiative, solely focused on helping salons recover and rebuild as they emerge from the COVID-19 crisis.
The initiative is comprised of three support campaigns designed to address the unique challenges facing the industry and its professionals as they look to reopen after COVID-19.
The initiative’s trio of programs is designed to provide industry professionals with tangible, localized resources to ensure their businesses are not only restored, but thriving in the months ahead.
The components of The Kao Salon Industry Recovery Initiative include:
The belief that no one person or organization alone holds the key to success, but that by truly coming together the industry will rise and flourish, #StrongerTogether represents Kao Salon’s unwavering partnership.
Through this program Kao Salon has committed to:
- Work with our key partners to support them through a time when income has stopped.
- Sponsor free-to-industry opportunities to receive business recovery insight and information.
- Provide tangible support assets for local salon owners to activate, that benefit both stylists and the salon.
- Work with salon customers to arrive at a support plan for success upon reopening.
- Create a consumer digital campaign to inspire a #WorthTheWait consumer movement.
- A call-to-action for clients to patiently wait for their stylists instead of taking at-home measures.
CREATIVITY NEVER STOPS
Because Kao inherently understands that expression of creativity is the lifeblood of the industry, #CreativityNeverStops has been created to allow stylists to immediately nurture and hone their skills via:
- Access to digital and online education programs that offer inspiration to stylists confined to their homes.
- The annual Goldwell Creative Awards becomes an entirely virtual experience, adjusting entry dates to expand participation.
KAO SALON FAMILY
Serving as a constant reminder to customers that their individual recovery remains at the very center Kao Salon’s focus, #KaoSalonFamily has begun to:
- Deliver hyper-relevant messages of hope and positivity through the Kao Salon network.
- Provide communication routes for stylists and salons to voice their concerns and questions.
- Inviting stylists and salons to connect with the organization through ongoing, virtual points of contact
“Our priority during this crisis has been to galvanize our efforts around the full and complete recovery of the industry as a whole, with special focus our partners and stylists,” says Cory Couts, Global President, Kao Salon Division.
We know the needs and concerns of the salon community are very specific. That’s why we designed this initiative to not only to commit global resources, but local, real solutions for their recovery.
We believe in the power of the collective and know that by meeting this incredibly powerful community where they are, and joining them on their journey, together we will grow, rise and create the future.”
“At a time where our NZ salons face stringent lock down rules and feel less in control of their destiny, we are absolutely bound and devoted to work with our salon owners and stylists to help them return to a safe and operational state as quickly as possible’” says Jane Wicks Kao Salon General Manager of New Zealand.
“Our tools specifically created to tackle the various stages of challenge that Covid-19 has presented will help provide salons, stylists and their customers with the inspiration and motivation to work together to bring our industry back.”
Related Posts: What your salon can do by Malcolm Gibbons