Images February March 2020: CONTENTS
- 10 Balade en Provence wins French Cosmetics Award for Best Natural Product!
- 12 Danny Pato and AUT Rookie Fashion Graduate Show
- 14 2019 Indusrty Awards update
- 14 ghd Helios Professional Hairdryer
- 15 Beauty Sense new Business Development Managers
- 15 Say hello to @evopro instgram
- 15 Leah Light sells her salons
- 16 New Anti-ageing skincare Medik8 for Men
- 18 Emma Lodge Everyguy Haircuts for men
- 20 Interview with Robert Lobetta
- 22 Kylie Hayes NZARH 2019 Editorial Stylist of the Year
- 24 Images Day Spa Morrinsville
- 25 Intrepid Couture Collection by Goldwell
- 26 Danny Pato ‘The Creatures’ Collection
- 32 International Hairdressing Awards Madrid
- 34 2019 Wella International TrendVision Awards
- 35 D&M Hair Design raise $8,064 for Australian Bush Fires
- 36 Copyright your Salon with TIGI
- 38 Anthony Bayer Collection
- 40 Cathy Davys Industry Trainer of the Year
- 42 Hair Expo Awards to give rising stars exposure
- 44 NYFW Marc Jacobs fall/winter 20 show
- 45 Classic Blue Pantone 2020 Colur of the Year
- 46 Alexander Kiryliuk Classic Blue Collection
- 48 Unmissable education at Hair Expo
- 50 New York State of Hair
- 54 Affinage Professional Launches Vegan Cleanse & Care Range
- 56 Maryann Dodd retires after 45 years in the industry
- 58 Does your Salon, Spa, or Clinic need a leader? by Alyssa McArley
- 60 On Your Bike Get the Look by Indira Schauwecker Toni&Guy
- 62 Shannon Dowd Zibido Hair Collection
- 68 Hot New Products
- 78 The Bristol Freighter and the salon by Malcom Gibbons
- 80 Ritz-Carlton Spa, Bali
- 82 Parris Goebel is the Face of M.A.C cosmetics NZ
- 83 Your Guide to Golden Globe Hair Looks
- 84 Kevin Murphy Radiant Flux Collection
- 88 Inspire AW 2019 Schwarzkopf Professional UK
- 98 Julian Dalrymple Enigma Collection UK
- 104 Amy Gaudie collection Queensland
- 106 Tsiknaris Hair Chromatic Collection Brisbane
- 110 Derek Ely Visionary Award finalists
- 112 Intercoiffure Mondial South Africa Bob Cats collection
- 114 Gonzalo Zarauza Fallen Coral Collection Spain
- 118 Charo Garcia collection Spain
- 122 Jacy Quon Mobius Collection Hobart
- Cover image courtesy Kevin Murphy
Out of stock
Images February March 2020:
Welcome to Images first issue of 2020, the Blue issue… What’s the hottest hair colour at the moment? Blue…
Blue is so cool that pantene have named classic blue as the colour of the year! Kevin Murphy has classic blue sitting top of their colour charts right now! You can check out our Classic Blue looks inside with collections from all over the globe all featuring this amazing colour.
In our last issue we featured a special editorial on industry icon David Bendell, for which we received a lot of feedback from past students who have fond memories of their time with him. So it is with sadness that we announce that David passed away at his home in Marlborough on the 19th February. David may you rest in peace, you have left behind a wonderful legacy for us all.
One of the best things about producing this magazine is to be able to bring our readers stories about interesting people, the ones that contribute to our industry, and that have made a real difference in their own way. We talk to Maryann Dodd from Palmerston North, retiring this year after 45 years! A fabulous story about her lifelong hairdressing journey.
One thing that we have been aware of is the recent proliferation of Day Spas opening in popular tourist areas such as Queenstown and Wanaka, it seems a holiday is not complete without a relaxing visit to a Day Spa while you are there. We have heard of instances where some are booked out a month or two ahead! It now pays to book your Spa experience before you go! Look out for some great Day Spas coming in Images later this year!
Barbershops are booming! Never before have we seen so many new barbershops opening, they are literally popping up everywhere! With this in mind we chat to Emma Lodge from Everyguy Men’s Haircuts for Men over in Albany to get the inside running on this new hair cutting phenomenon!
As usual we have our new products section, and once again we are bowled over by the sheer amount of hot new products hitting our shores! For all you sustainability heroes, do we have the product for you… organic, vegan shampoo and beauty bars from Balade en Provence in the south of France. Here is a really cool product to have on your shelves. Great to talk about with your clients, while you save the planet as well!
Enjoy this issue and make every post a winning one! Sheryl x